Chestnut Grove Academy is committed to providing a high quality, planned programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) for all students in Years 7-13 and employing an independent Careers Advisor. We hold an annual careers fair and students complete work experience placements in both Year 10 and Year 12. Other Careers Education,Information Advice and Guidance activities include:
- Career guidance activities (group work and individual careers interviews)
- Personalised one-to-one interviews at transition stages (Y9, Y11, Y12/13)
- Work-related learning (including two week’s work experience in both Year 10 and Year 12)
- Careers lessons as part of the Health curriculum and careers assemblies for every year group
- Information and research activities
- Curriculum sessions including those devoted to Careers and Work Related Learning
- Visits to work places
- Peer Mentor sessions
- Workshops in a variety of career topics
- Workshops and sessions supporting further education including Higher Education Day, Introduction to UCAS evening, a number of UCAS application support workshops, Junior University sessions, University visits
- Guest speakers/visitor talks on specific careers and apprenticeships
- Mock interview sessions
- CV and personal statement sessions
I'm delighted to be working in Chestnut Grove Academy as your Careers Adviser. I've been working in Wandsworth for the past 8 years supporting young people into education, employment and training. In an ever changing world it's important to enable students to make sense of the different pathways and choices open to them. Developing the skills, knowledge and experience for this are all key to informed decision making and the resilience to manage change throughout the career journey. I look forward to working with students, parents/carers and colleagues. If you have any questions or ideas on how to support our careers offer for students please email me firstname.lastname@example.org
Or contact via the main school number 0208 673 8737
Alternatively contact the Pastoral Administrator Luke O'Neill: email@example.com to make a careers appointment. If you would like to request an appointment for a student who is not in Year 11, 12 or 13 please contact the Pastoral Administrator or RSL.
Head of Sixth Form / Deputy Headteacher
To get in touch please contact him on the main school number or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Careers information can be accessed in our Careers Education, Advice, Information and Guidance Policy and Careers Programme. (additional activities will be added soon.)
The careers policy is reviewed yearly and the careers noticeboard is regularly updated with career opportunities and local labour market information. Students can also find careers information on the careers noticeboards in the library and sixth form study.
Measuring and Assessing the impact of the careers programme
Chestnut Grove Academy uses internally and externally produced reports to assess the impact of our careers education, information, advice and guidance. The Department for Education Destination Measures report enables us to see how many students remain in education, employment or training at post 16 compared to other schools in Wandsworth and nationally.
We also use the Careers and Enterprise CompanyCompass tool to evaluate our provision and assess whether we are meeting the 8 recommended Gatsby Benchmarks. This report is run every 6 months. Students evaluate careers activities such as the Careers Fair and their individual careers appointments through student voice feedback forms.
Employers, Education and Training Providers
If you are interested in attending our Careers Fair of offering work experience or careers and future pathways related student activities, please get in touch with Jonathan Taylor or Luke O'Neill using the above contact details.