Chestnut Grove Academy is committed to providing a high quality, planned programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) for all students in Years 7-13 and employing an independent Careers Advisor. We hold an annual careers fair and students complete work experience placements in both Year 10 and Year 12. Other Careers Education,Information Advice and Guidance activities include:
- Career guidance activities (group work and individual careers interviews)
- Personalised one-to-one interviews at transition stages (Y9, Y11, Y12/13)
- Work-related learning (including two week’s work experience in both Year 10 and Year 12)
- Careers lessons as part of the Health curriculum and careers assemblies for every year group
- Information and research activities
- Curriculum sessions including those devoted to Careers and Work Related Learning
- Visits to work places
- Peer Mentor sessions
- Workshops in a variety of career topics
- Workshops and sessions supporting further education including Higher Education Day, Introduction to UCAS evening, a number of UCAS application support workshops, Junior University sessions, University visits
- Guest speakers/visitor talks on specific careers and apprenticeships
- Mock interview sessions
- CV and personal statement sessions
New Careers Advisor
We are extremely pleased to welcome Noel Tierney to the staff of Chestnut Grove Academy as our new independent careers advisor.
I'm delighted to be working in Chestnut Grove Academy as your Careers Adviser. I've been working in Wandsworth for the past 8 years supporting young people into education, employment and training. In an ever changing world it's important to enable students to make sense of the different pathways and choices open to them. Developing the skills, knowledge and experience for this are all key to informed decision making and the resilience to manage change throughout the career journey. I look forward to working with students, parents/carers and colleagues. If you have any questions or ideas on how to support our careers offer for students please email me Ntierney.email@example.com
On Thursday 5th October, 790 of our students (from Years 8 - 13) visited the Chestnut Grove Academy Careers Fair and talked to employers from a wide range of industries. Over 30 universities, colleges and workplaces were represented including the RAF, London Southbank University, Vizeum Media Agency and St George’s Hospital to name a few!
Exhibitors at the fair were unanimously impressed with students’ engagement, enthusiasm and manner when talking to them about their future pathways.
Parents and Carers,
If you are interested in hosting a stall at next year’s careers fair representing your own industry or workplace please contact Ms Verber at firstname.lastname@example.org