Chestnut Grove students achieve excellent examination results as demonstrated by a rising trend in performance and academic attainment that consistently exceeds national averages. Engaging teaching and learning is at the heart of Chestnut Grove. The Academy is proud of its inclusive approach in which students of all abilities are supported in order to meet their potential.
Outstanding examination results at Chestnut Grove Academy
Staff and students at Chestnut Grove Academy are celebrating another year of fantastic examination results at both Key Stage 4 and 5.
Y13 students excelled themselves and met our high expectations, with nearly all Y13 students securing their first choice of university. Almost 60% of all A Level entries were graded at A*-B and one in five entries attained an A* or A grade. We are incredibly PROUD of the achievements of our students and wish them well in the future studies at university.
Congratulations to our wonderful Y11 students on their excellent GCSE results! (2018)
We are incredibly proud of the perseverance, determination and resilience they showed throughout the challenges of the reformed GCSEs.
Their results are testament to the hard work from our students and staff.
We celebrate the following results:
- 90% of pupils gained at least a standard pass (grade 4) in English
- 77% of pupils gained at least a standard pass (grade 4) in Maths
- 71% of pupils gained at least a standard pass (grade 4) in English and maths
- 48% of pupils gained at least a strong pass (grade 5) in English and maths
- 28% of all grades were 7+ or A*/A
- Attainment 8 score 51.12 (equivalent to a strong pass)
There was particularly strong performance in Biology, Chemistry, English, Geography, Dance and PBE where over 40% of entries achieved the highest grades 7+ or A*/A.
We would also like to congratulate some of our high achievers:
- Michelle Yin (7 grade 9s, 2 grade 8s, 1 A*, 1 grade 7)
- Sonia Zia (6 grade 9s, 1 grade 8, 2 A*s, 2 grade 7s)
- Felix Bill (5 grade 9s, 3 grade 8s, 2 grade 7s)