Geography is the study of people and the physical world and the way in which humans impact upon it. At Chestnut Grove pupils study challenging and up to date topics that help them make sense of the world around them.
- Mr K. Reeves - Head of Geography email@example.com
- Mr B. McCarthy - Geography Teacher / RSL Year 8
- Ms R. Robinson - Geography Teacher
- Ms R. Jackson - Geography Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher
Curriculum on offer
- KS3: Pupils study Geography for 2 hours per week and study the new National Curriculum. Each year, pupils study a combination of physical and human topics and are assessed through long essays and knowledge based assessments.
- KS4: Pupils study the AQA Geography syllabus which is assessed through three examinations in Year 11; physical fieldwork is based upon a residential in the Peak District National Park and human fieldwork is about regeneration in London.
- KS5: Pupils study the AQA Geography syllabus. Exams are rigorous and combine a mixture of short answer knowledge questions and extended essays. As a Russell Group ‘facilitating subject’, A Level Geography is an ideal grounding for degree level study in a wide range of academic subjects.