At Chestnut Grove Academy we are committed to ensuring that all learners develop the numeracy skills that they require to be successful well into their adult life.
We are continually improving the approach of numeracy across the school, by providing opportunities for pupils to consolidate and enhance skills across the entire curriculum, increasing consistency, and ultimately increasing pupil achievement.
How we promote numeracy and support student:
- We lead one to one tuition with students that most need support to improve their numeracy skills.
- We ensure that teachers from all departments teach key skills with a consistent approach.
- We have promoted the use of numeracy across the school by the use of numeracy stickers and numeracy logos.
- We have produced a range of numeracy resources to help students.
- We have a team numeracy ambassadors who are auditing and promoting numeracy across the school.