We Will Rock You rehearsal schedule - Summer Term 1
In the run up to our school Musical, we will be running extra rehearsals throughout the week. Please find the latest rehearsal schedule, attached, which is no longer limited to Tuesday and Thursday. This is to get the whole show learnt/rehearsed before public exams kick in after May half term and we become more restricted in terms of rehearsal spaces.
Please let us know if students cannot attend. Not all students are required for all rehearsals.
Please also be aware that our Tech Run (the first time we get to use the full set, costumes and microphones etc.) is on Saturday the 6th July. All cast members are expected to attend, this usually runs from 9:30am until 4pm, this will be confirmed in due course.
The show runs from 9th until the 11th July and tickets will be available on ParentPay after half term.
Ms Durban and the Performing Arts Team
Chestnut Grove is PROUD to offer 1:1 instrumental music lessons. These are offered by Peripatetic (visiting) music staff and are referred to as 'Peri lessons'. Peri lessons have now re-commenced. They take place every week on a specified day with rotating lesson times in order for your child to avoid missing the same academic lessons each week.
We have spaces available for an immediate start, your child can come and collect a letter from the Performing Arts office if you are interested. We offer the full spectrum of instrumental tuition - Brass, Vocal, Woodwind, Drums, Piano, Guitar and Strings are all available. Lessons incur a charge of £137 per term and include free instrument hire. Timetables for lessons are displayed directly next to the Performing Arts office with lessons rotating each week. This is a great opportunity to get your child involved within the Performing Arts department as well as increasing their chances of showcasing their talents at any of our live events.
- Brass Group w/ Ms Kempley all years welcome (Peri room)
- 'ConneXions' Year 7 Drama club w/ Ms Merritt (Theatre)
- GCSE Choir w/ Ms Samant (Peri room)
- Year 7 Dance club w/ Ms Atkinson (Dance studio)
- Keyboard club w/ Ms Striesow all years welcome (S.2.13)
AM (Tutor time)
- Samba band w/ Mr Hartley all years welcome (Live room)
- String group w/ Ms Rose all years welcome (Peri room)
- 'Devise' Year 8/9 drama club w/ Ms Merritt (Theatre)
- Pop choir w/ Ms Anderson all years welcome (S.2.13)
- Boys choir w/ Ms Durban all years welcome (S.2.23)
- 6th form choir w/ Ms Anderson (S.2.13)
- Jazz Band w/ Ms Hirst all years welcome (S.2.23)
- Year 11 GCSE Drama intervention w/ Ms Verber (Theatre)
AM (Tutor time)
- Year 10 intervention w/ Ms Durban by invitation only (S.2.23)
- Year 8/9 dance club w/ Ms Atkinson (Dance studio)
- 6th form band w/ Ms Durban (S.2.23)
- 'Unheard' KS4 drama club w/ Ms Merritt (Theatre)
- KS4 Dance club w/ Ms Atkinson (Dance studio)
- Band practice w/ Mr Simpson all years welcome (Live room)