Science literally explains everything around us that we come into contact with in our everyday lives. As a society we are developing technology at a rate faster than ever, and not only is science the driving force of this but an understanding of science enables all individuals to appreciate these new developments. Even if science is not a subject that you wish to continue to study post-16, it develops a wide range of skills that are particularly attractive to employers, such as resilience and problem-solving. At Chestnut Grove we aim to make Science engaging and deliver a sense of awe and wonder.
At Chestnut Grove we offer our own bespoke KS3 curriculum, specifically planned for students of Chestnut Grove. This is a condensed, two year curriculum.
At KS4 we offer Additional Science and Triple science GCSEs on the OCR Gateway specification.
At KS5 we offer AS and A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics and a Level 3 BTEC in Applied Science.
Beyond the classroom
Science qualifications can be used to access a wide array of careers and further training opportunities. It is an essential qualification if you wish to enter careers related to engineering, medicine, veterinary surgery, nursing, pharmaceuticals and astrophysics, to name a few! Because of its prestige as a qualification amongst employers, it is highly regarded by all employers and can be used as an access route to a wide variety of non-science related careers, such as law and accountancy.
- Ms Collister – Head of Science and Chemistry teacher firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Gordon – 2iC Science and Physics teacher
- Ms Buchanan – Lead Science/Associate Assistant Head
- Mr Smith – Biology teacher
- Ms Douglas – 3ic Science and Physics teacher
- Mr O’Keefe – Physics teacher and Year 8 RSL
- Ms Holmes - Chemistry teacher
- Ms Houston - Chemistry teacher
- Ms How - Biology teacher
- Ms Scotti – Senior technician
- Mr Pickett - technician