Every year at Chestnut Grove, 60 places are available based upon aptitude in our specialisms of Art and Modern Foreign Languages:
- Up to 30 places are allocated on the basis of aptitude for Art and Design.
- Up to 30 places are allocated on the basis of aptitude for Modern Foreign Languages.
How are specialist places allocated?
The selection testing for both Art and Modern Foreign Languages takes places before parents submit the final secondary school application form. Applicants must complete a supplementary information form (SIF) if they wish to be entered for the selection testing for a specialist place. The SIF form can be downloaded here.
Completed forms may be posted, scanned and emailed to email@example.com
or returned in person.
•Deadline for Specialist Application Forms: Midday on Friday 6th September.
•Specialist Test Date: Saturday 14th September.
Results are posted before the end of September:
- Applicants achieving over 40% on the Specialist Tests are ranked in order, with the first 30 in each subject being the first eligible students for the specialist places when final applications are made.
- The remaining applicants who achieved over 40% are placed on a list in rank order and will become eligible for a specialist place should one become available after final applications are made. We strongly recommend that you still apply for a place with us as places often become available after applications are made. Your child will automatically be considered under the criteria for a general place should they not be awarded a specialist place and will need to complete the Wandsworth Test.
- Applicants who achieved below 40% are still eligible to apply for a general place at Chestnut Grove Academy and will need to complete the Wandsworth Test.
Specialist Testing: Art and Design
- Students applying for Specialist Art and Design places are required to attend the school on the designated selection day to undertake a series of Art and Design assessment tasks.
- Thes assessment tasks give students the opportunity to show their abilities in a range of media and with a range of resources.
- Students’ work is then assessed by the Art Department.
Specialists Testing: Modern Foreign Languages
- Applicants for Modern Foreign Language places are required to attend the school on the designated selection day and are given a series of tests specifically designed to test their aptitude for languages.
- Applicants do NOT have to have studied a language before; the test assesses aptitude through linguistic skills, such as oral and aural communication and memory.
- Marks across a series of written and listening tests are aggregated to form a final mark.